When Safety is a Must
The ruggedly designed EX80 tablet delivers Windows touchscreeen technology to the frontlines of the oil and gas industry. Certified for duty under harsh conditions and where fire hazards may be present, the EX80 brings unmatched image clarity, precision input ability, and maximum safety, along with the proven power of the Windows 10 operating system, wherever work takes you.
True mobility across all hazardous zones
The fully rugged EX80 tablet offers great convenience and productivity in a single intrinsically safe mobile device that allows cross-zone operations in Zone 1, Zone 2, and non-hazardous areas. The EX80 has passed extremely stringent tests for explosive environment and received certifications from a reputable third party. The EX80 is certified with ATEX & IECEx Zone 0 / 20 and UL913 Class I / II Division 1.
The EX80 was engineered from the ground up with user well-being in mind. Surface temperature control, mechanical testing, fault protection, silicone potting compound encapsulation, and the power management systems combine to provide ultimate safety during operations. This makes the EX80 uniquely suited for use in the oil and gas industry, where a single stray spark may lead to a disastrous consequences.
Thin and Compact
Size matters when it comes to mobility. Weighing in at 1.48kg and with a thickness of 29mm, the EX80 fits ergonomically in one hand, and the non-slip case makes it easier to grip. Frontline operatives will feel no extra burden when they bring the EX80 along with their tools and equipment.
Bright 8" Sunlight-Readable Display
The EX80's brilliant 8" sunlight-readable display with WXGA IPS (600 NITs) screen offers clear and easy viewing in the most challenging conditions. No matter how bright the sun gets in oil fields or on offshore oil platforms, the information on your screen will always be as clear as day.
LumiBond 2.0 - Touch Responsive
Our revolutionary LumiBond 2.0 technology bonds the display glass to the touch panel and LCD, creating a single panel that is more durable and readable, with enhanced contrast and crisper colors than any other rugged display. The bonded panel responds effortlessly to every touch. Advanced touch modes allow operation in the rain with gloves and the included hard-tip stylus, making the EX80 ideal for signatures and precise note taking, especially when you need to work outdoors in bad weather.
Front and Rear Cameras Front and Rear Cameras
Available front full-HD and rear 8MP cameras make image and video capture, video conferencing, barcode scanning and field training convenient and simple from any location. Frontline operatives will be able to count on the full support of the home office when they run into situations that require a team effort.
Precise & Convenient Data Collection
The contactless HF RFID reader and Getac button manager ensure efficient and exact data collection, decreasing the amount of time you have to spend exposed to unsafe working conditions. RFID can be used for product identification and quality control, reducing the possibility of accidents caused by human error.
The EX80 integrates high-speed wireless communication technologies to keep you online anytime, anywhere.
The EX80's dedicated GPS offers better search capacity, faster location positioning, and improved accuracy.
Advanced WWAN Performance
The EX80's WWAN configuration provides blazing fast download and upload speeds with fewer dropouts.
Dual Band 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
Take advantage of faster and more reliable data speeds with the latest wireless technology.
Transmit and receive data between Bluetooth devices with ease.
Accessorize for Better Performance
The EX80's rotating hand strap converts to a kickstand or stylus holder. A two or four point shoulder strap, as well as an office dock provide a wealth of convenient use options in workplaces where hands-free carrying and ease of access is paramount to successfully completing critical missions.
Built to Survive
Only Getac manufactures rugged tablets down to the chassis. The EX80 is engineered to withstand drops, shocks, spills, vibration, dust, liquid, and more. Independently tested and certified to MIL-STD-810G and IP67 standards, the tablet is salt fog resistant. It is ideal for use in the harsh environments found on offshore oil platforms and in oil fields, where a less-rugged device may not survive.
Full-Shift Battery Life
The EX80 provides top battery runtime performance in its class for mission-critical field operations. A high capacity main battery delivers the power to move freely into the field and away from power outlets. There is no way to safely charge a battery in an explosive atmosphere, but with the EX80, you won't have to worry about running out of power.
Industry's Best Warranty
Accidents happen when you least expect them, especially in a rugged environment, which can cause costly equipment damage and downtime. This is why Getac has introduced accidental damage protection as standard under the new Bumper-to-Bumper warranty, helping minimize your enterprise IT costs.
Suitable for use in:
- energy & resources
- oil & gas
- hazardous location
- explosive environment
- 3 years Bumper to Bumper Warranty (includes accidental warranty)
- 600 nits Sunlight Readable LumiBond Display
- Capacitive Multi Touchscreen with Glove On
- 2 Programmable Buttons
- Front HD Camera
- 8MP Auto Focus Rear Camera with LED Flash
- Getac Utility (including Power Manager)
- MIL-STD-810G and IP67 certified
- 1.8m drop resistant
- Salt fog certified
- Vibration & drop resistant
- ATEX/IECEX Classifications: Ex II 1 GD; Ex ia op is IIC T4 Ga; Ex ia op is IIIC T135°C Da
- UL913 Classifications: Class I, Zone 0, AEx ia op is IIC T4 Ga; Class II, Zone 20, AEx ia op is IIIC T135°C Da; Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G; Class III, Division 1
- Intel Atom Processor x5-Z8350 1.44GHz 2MB Cache
- 8" 600nits LumiBond sunlight readable IPS TFT LCD display (1280x800)
- Multi-touch touchscreen
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB eMMC
- Wifi 802.11 abgn + BT v4.0 + dedicated GPS
- High Frequency RFID
- 2 x Programmable Buttons
- 2MP Front Camera & 8MP Rear Camera
- Windows 10 Professional 64bit
- TPM 2.0
- Li-Ion battery (7.4V, 4200mAh)
- MIL-STD-810G and IP67 certified
- Dimensions: 240 x 155 x 29mm; Weight: 1.48kg
- 3 Years Bumper to Bumper Warranty (incl Accidental Damage)
- Included Accessories: Handstrap with Kick Stand, Capacitive stylus and charging Cradle Dock with AC adapter
- Operating Temperature:
- -21 °C to 50 °C
- Storage Temperature:
- -51 °C to 71 °C
- Operating Humidity:
- 5% to 95% RH (No condensation
- Operating Altitude:
- Sea level to 15K ft (4572m)
- IP67 and MIL-STD-810G
- Drop Height:
- 1.8 m drop drop resistant
- ATEX/IECEX Classifications:
- Ex II 1 GD; Ex ia op is IIC T4 Ga; Ex ia op is IIIC T135°C Da
- UL913 Classifications:
- Class I, Zone 0, AEx ia op is IIC T4 Ga; Class II, Zone 20, AEx ia op is IIIC T135°C Da; Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G; Class III, Division 1